St. JOHN CFS PARK
( a Division of St. John Freight Systems Ltd)
The latest addition to St. John's impressive List of Strategic Business Units is the CFS, a “State of the Art” CFS Park, which is built as per & conforming to International Standards at Tuticorin, situated on the Harbour Express Way, within 8 km, distance leading to the Tuticorin Port, covering 156,000 sq.ft of Warehouse space, including “bonding” facility, sprawling over 60 acres (0.60 hectares) including “Open-Bonding” facility, with fully ‘automated” Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Facility, supported by adequate infrastructure facilities, including Heavy Equipments, & fleet of Heavy Vehicles on 24 hours/ 7 day week service provision.
NEED & RATIONALE FOR CFS
The concept of Container Freight Station has been conceived with the view to de-congest the Port. The CFS is nothing but an extension of Port only.
VISION FOR CFS
In order to cope up with the growth of Port Traffic, it is necessary for CFS to get equipped with all Infrastructure facilities. It is also necessary to give Cost-effective, Committed Service to all Importers and Exporters using the CFS. Also to handle multiple Line – facilities, with Single Point Contact & All Under “One-Roof” Concept
SPECIAL FEATURES OF ST. JOHN CFS PARK
- Pioneer Private CFS Operator in the Tuticorin Port area and in existence since 1995, India’s First CFS to be certified ISO 9002 – Standards by BVQI.
- A total covered warehouse space of 1,56,000 Sq.ft consisting of 95,000 Sq.ft for exports, 45,000 Sq.ft. for import warehousing & 16,000 Sq.ft. for import bonded warehouse and built with American Kirby Pre-engineered materials.
- All handling Equipments such as one Top Lifter, one Reach Stacker, three cranes, 51 Trailers with prime movers and nine Fork Lifts are owned and maintained by in house technicians and hence, reliability and safety of containers, cargo and personnel. In order to keep pace with International Norms/Standards, our Fork Lifts are Gas Driven to meet “Eco-Friendly & Pollution-free” standards.
- The 150,000 Sq.ft area of container stacking yard is floored with interlocking blocks and hence, ample space for safe stacking and storage of Import containers.
- Operations all 7 days and three shifts a day and hence, operations are undertaken on a round the clock basis.
- On site processing of documents is done using the Indian Customs EDI Scheme.
- A Custom made CFS System enables on line tracking of cargo details.
- High quality International standard security arrangements ensure security of cargo.
- Administrative block of about 12000 Sq.ft which is exclusively marked for Customs, cafeteria, Business center, Bank, Insurance Counter, CFS Customers and administrative office.
- CFS located on the Harbour Express Road, distance of 8 kms from Port Green Gate and hence haulage cost is minimized.
- Experienced and reputed surveyors.
- Overall infrastructure created on an international standard.
- Adequate Insurance coverage.
- Faster delivery and hence, better vehicle turnaround time.